The Smart, Skilled & Hired: Youth Employment Program is a $65 million NSW Government Program to address youth unemployment by assisting young people (15 to 24 years) overcome employment barriers, and help them into sustainable jobs. This includes assisting them in overcoming barriers such as mental health or transport; as well as helping them gain skills and experience that will improve their long-term job and living standard prospects.
In the service, young people work one-on-one with a coach to discover their skills, passions and put together goals and a plan! They then participate in group experiential learning, employability skills workshops and other job ready exercises like work experience or mock interviews. All the while their coach works alongside them to track their progress and help them overcome any additional obstacles.
As a part of the service, we have three different sites where we facilitate training and coaching for young people, Penrith, Windsor and Springwood. All sites are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm and walk-ins to the service are welcome!
Penrith – Head Office
NK Centre, Shop 9,
450 High St, 2750
Next to C3 Office
Free Call: 1800 912 611
Find Us Penrith
Old Hawkesbury Hospital,
Free Call: 1800 343 699
Shop 4, Raymond Mall
Next to Office Choice
Call: 4751 8807
To be eligible for this service you must:
- be out of work, or working part time, or working casual hours (less than 28 hours a week) and needing to get more hours or more stable work
- be aged between 15 and 24 at the time you register
- have either finished Year 10 or have turned 17 years old
- not be registered with Commonwealth employment programs such as jobactive or PaTH, unless you need support with things like mental health, housing, drug problems or transport to help you get a job
- not be registered with the Transition to Work Commonwealth employment program
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder (including refugee and humanitarian visa categories) or a New Zealand citizen.
If you’re a young person eligible for the program, we will work with you to find out:
- what kind of work you’d like to do
- the types of work available in your region
- how we can help you get a job.