Updated: 24 May 2021
Schools Industry Partnership is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our websites and in using our services. We are committed to ensuring that client privacy is respected and client information remains confidential.
Collection of your Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our services:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
- IP addresses and other information collected passively, as further detailed in the “Passive Collection” section below
- Device identifiers, as further described in the “Mobile Application” section below
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our services:
- Registration as a client
- Use of certain service features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our services
- Requesting service and support for our services and providing such support
- Registering to attend a seminar or webinar
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our services
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
Processing of your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract in delivering services to you) and our “legitimate interests” such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our services and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to services
- Providing you with information
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with clients and enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To deliver services to you
- To generate reports based on information collected from use of our services
- To keep you up to date on the latest service announcements and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our services
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with relevant and up to date information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to our clients
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To meet Contract or Legal Obligations
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to Schools Industry Partnership but note that you may be unable to access certain services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data, we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain elements of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all our services.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Schools Industry Partnership’s practices with respect to your Personal Data.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data.
Schools Industry Partnership automatically collect some information about you when you use our services, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyse trends in the aggregate and administer the website and/or services.
In addition, when you use some of our services, network information is transmitted back to us such as service usage information. This information is transmitted back to us, so we can determine how users are interacting with our services, to assist us with improving our services, and to correct any problems that may occur.
When you use our services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or ”UDID“). We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Security of your Personal Data
Schools Industry Partnership is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
If you participate in a Schools Industry Partnership discussion forum or chat room, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Schools Industry Partnership, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Schools Industry Partnership.
Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our services are hosted and operated in Australia through Schools Industry Partnership and its service providers. By using any of our services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to Australia. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on Australian servers.
Schools Industry Partnership
PO Box 4054
NSW AUS 2750